Friday, April 7, 2017 8:12 AM/ CBN
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Thursday, April 6, 2017, offered the sum of $100 million to authorized dealers at the forex auction in the interbank wholesale window.
The Bank’s spokesman, Isaac Okorafor, confirmed the offer in Abuja on Thursday, disclosing that no interventions were made in the retail auction window for forex.
He, however, added that the CBN made special intervention of $10,000 to dealers in the Bureau de Change (BDC) segment on Thursday.
According to him, the Bank’s interventions in the different segments had ensured stability in the market and guaranteed availability to individuals and business concerns.
1. CBN Boosts BDCs; Makes $10,000 Midweek Intervention
2. Forex: Dealers Subscribe Fully to CBN $150m Wholesale Offer
3. There is Adequate FOREX for PTA, BTA, Tuition & Medical Fees – CBN
4. CBN to Commence Twice Weekly Forex Sales to BDCs; Increases Sales Amount to $10,000
5. 6th Detail Business Series: Stakeholders examine Nigeria’s Forex Market
6. FX Utilisation in January 2017-Symptoms of An Opaque Structure
7. Swiss Franc May be Threatened by the Dollar
8. Forex: CBN Slashes BDC Rate to N360...$100m Offer Fully Subscribed
9. CBN Crashes FOREX Rate for Invisibles to N360 to $1; Pumps $185m into FOREX Market
10. CBN to Sell FOREX to Banks at N357 to $1
11. Dealers Pick $81.3m Out Of $100m Offered By CBN
12. CBN Offered Another $100m Despite Drop In Oil Prices
13. Dollar drops below N400 to US$1 for first time in seven months
14. CBN Lifts Supply with $180m…Invisibles Get $80m