Thursday, August 13 2015/ 05.18 PM / CBN
Authorized Dealers and the general public are hereby notified of the following arrangements for 2015 Hajj operations:
1. Each pilgrim is entitled to purchase a minimum of US$750.00 and maximum of US$1,000.00 as PTA. The Federal Government has approved that intending pilgrims are to be sold the US$750.00 at a concessionary exchange rate of N160.00 to the US dollar.
2. For pilgrims buying above US$1,000.00, the difference shall be bought at the prevailing Naira exchange rate to the US dollar on the day of purchase.
3. No commission shall be charged by the banks for the sale of PTA to the intending pilgrims.
4. CBN shall sell the PTA to the designated banks in Lagos and Abuja and the accounts of the respective banks shall be debited as soon as funds are disbursed.
5. Each designated bank is required to sell to the CBN the unutilized funds not later than (2) weeks from the date of the last inward flight to Nigeria from the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, while the accounts of the bank shall be credited promptly.
6. The approved schedule showing the distribution of the pilgrims expected to perform the 2015 Hajj and the respective designated banks that will handle the sales of the PTA to the pilgrims in the Federal Capital Territory(FCT), States of the Federation and the Armed Forces is as stated below for guidance.
Please ensure compliance accordingly.