Wednesday, April 12, 2017/ 8.30 PM / CBN
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Wednesday, April 12, 2017, released additional $250 million on 7 to 30-day forwards for agriculture, airline, petroleum products and raw materials.
The Bank also called for bids for wholesale spot for $100 million for Basic/Personal Travelling Allowance, medicals and tuition fees.
Confirming this in Abuja on Wednesday, the Acting Director, Corporate Communications at the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Isaac Okorafor, disclosed that the Bank has also commenced heavy injections into the spot market in addition to the settlement of requests for wholesale spot bids for invisibles like school fees, medicals and personal travel allowance.
It will be recalled that earlier this week, the apex Bank had disbursed $20,000 each to the Bureau De Change (BDC) operators in two tranches of $10,000 each, which according to Mr. Okorafor underscores the commitment of the Bank to ensure liquidity in the foreign exchange market.
1. CBN Sells $100m to SMEs
2. CBN to sustain intervention in FOREX market
3. FOREX: CBN Offers $100m for Wholesale
4. CBN Boosts BDCs; Makes $10,000 Midweek Intervention
5. Forex: Dealers Subscribe Fully to CBN $150m Wholesale Offer
6. There is Adequate FOREX for PTA, BTA, Tuition & Medical Fees – CBN
7. CBN to Commence Twice Weekly Forex Sales to BDCs; Increases Sales Amount to $10,000
8. 6th Detail Business Series: Stakeholders examine Nigeria’s Forex Market
9. FX Utilisation in January 2017-Symptoms of An Opaque Structure
10. Swiss Franc May be Threatened by the Dollar
11. Forex: CBN Slashes BDC Rate to N360...$100m Offer Fully Subscribed
12. CBN Crashes FOREX Rate for Invisibles to N360 to $1; Pumps $185m into FOREX Market
13. CBN to Sell FOREX to Banks at N357 to $1
14. Dealers Pick $81.3m Out Of $100m Offered By CBN
15. CBN Offered Another $100m Despite Drop In Oil Prices
16. Dollar drops below N400 to US$1 for first time in seven months
17. CBN Lifts Supply with $180m…Invisibles Get $80m