Monday, March 06, 2017/ 7:22 PM /CBN
In view of the CBN's willingness, capability, and determination to meet FX demand in the market, and in order to further increase foreign exchange availability to all end-users and ensure that a fair and verifiable exchange rate operates in the market, all banks are hereby directed as follows:
1. Open a teller point for retail FX transactions, including buying and selling, in all locations in order to ensure access to foreign exchange by their customers and other users, without any hindrance
2. All banks must have an electronic display board in all their branches; showing rates of all trading currencies, and customers must insist on processing FX transactions based on the displayed rates.
3. Banks are mandated to process and meet the demand for Travel Allowances (PTA/BTA) by end-users within 24 hours of such application, as long as the endusers meet basic requirements already outlined in earlier directives.
4. Banks are mandated to process and meet demands for school fees and medical bills within 48 hours of such application.
Please note that this directive is effective immediately, and non-compliance would attract sanctions, including but not limited to being barred from all future CBN foreign exchange interventions.
1. Addicted to Dollars
2. The Street's Response to the CBN - The Tale of Contradictions
3. Nigeria reacts positively to a forex crisis of confidence and liquidity
4. Dollar Set To Crash Further as CBN Releases Additional $180m to Banks
5. CBN Special Wholesale Intervention 60 Days Forward
6. Guidelines for the Operationalization of the CBN Policy on PTA and School Fees.
7. CBN Releases New Policy Actions in the Foreign Exchange Market
8. FOREX Utilization: CBN Boosts Manufacturing, Agricultures, Others
9. CBN makes further clarification on FOREX sale
10. Drawbacks of Capital Control Measures Under the Proposed Forex Amendment Bill