Thursday, July 22, 2021 / 03:00 PM / Tradepass / Header
FinTech has the highest penetration in Africa, with 94% of population having regular access to the internet in South Africa alone. To note, in terms of VC funding for African FinTech startups, the fintechs raised a whopping US$ 350 million in 2020 - highlighting that fintech investments in Nigeria have grown by 197% over the past three years.
Therefore, an array of rapidly advancing technological innovations, from RPA to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), is offering BFSI sector new ways to transform their businesses without replacing core banking systems in Africa. In addition, the Egyptian government unveiled the Egypt Vision 2030 announcing one of the 8th goals is a mandate to expand fintech services throughout the country.
To acknowledge the growing importance of digital innovation across financial institutions in Africa, Tradepass is set to host the 7th Edition of the World Financial Innovation Series (WFIS): LIVE which will attract 1500+ technology and business heads from 200+ leading Banks, Insurance & Micro-Finance institutions across Africa to virtually connect, collaborate and explore a wide range of new-age-future-tech solutions curated for the growing BFSI sector.
This exclusive virtual conference is scheduled for 10 - 11 August 2021.
Speakers expected at the conference include:
1. Sudheer Prabhu, CTO, CIM Finance
2. James Robert Scott, Head Digital & Platform Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, Absa Bank Limited
3. Mohamed Fathy, Chief Information Officer, EFG Hermes
4. Albert Yirenchi Danquah, Chief Information Security Officer, Stanbic Bank Ghana
5. Judith Bogonko, Group Head of Customer Experience & Innovation, APA Insurance Limited
6. Bharat Soni, CISO, GT Bank Plc
7. Tendai Chavarika, Head Customer Experience, Steward Bank Zimbabwe
8. Kumar Dandapani, Head of Retail Banking, Bank Africa
9. Hisham Mohamed, Chief Information Security Officer, Emirates NBD
10. Amr Taman, CISO, Ahli Bank Kuwait, Egypt
11. Stanley Mwangi Chege, Group Chief Information Officer, Jubilee Insurance
12. Hicham Faik, CISO, Attijariwafa Bank
13. Alberto Sessa, Senior Director, Financial Services, Oracle
14. Chukwuma Osahor Covenant-Hero, Head, Digital Partnerships, Access Bank Plc
15. Evans Odhiambo, Assistant General Manager & Head of Transactional Banking, I&M Bank
16. Gloria Njiu, Head of Digital Business, NCBA Bank - Tanzania
To participate in this event, click here - https://africa.worldfis.com/