Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:04 PM/ Proshare Research
What the future holds with the introduction of an online approach to stock trading in any Capital Market can best be described as promising as evidences from the Nigerian Stock Exchange experiences after the launch of the X-Gen trading engine in Q3 2013 and the subsequent official debut of online trading portals in early 2014 buttress this fact.
At the Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Data Workshop which held in October 2016, the display of new trends and developments in stock trading, driven by modern technology, from various market vendors further reflects and gives an insight to the positive contribution which the upgrade to the X-Gen trading engine has brought to stock trading within the Nigerian capital market space.
Despite the current negative trend which permeates market activities, the switch to online trading has aided a few brokerage firms to drop their brokerage commissions capped at 1.35% by market regulators to about 1% while some even went as low as 0.75% and 0.25% respectively.
With modern technology dictating trading activities, market is only in for swell times while more of such platforms are still expected to come on board considering the number of active brokerage firms registered in the market to those have launched an online portal.
Do feel free to share your opinions/observations and feedbacks with us vide email@example.com or call us on 0902 407 5284 . Thank you.
For: Proshare Editorial Board
Olufemi AWOYEMI Reshu BAGGA
1. The Nigerian Online Trading Report
2. Market Sustains Negative Sentiment in November; Proshare Migrates WebTV to its Main Hub -Nov '16 SSS
3. NSE Trade Smart and Online Trading - TNI Q4/E8
4. InvestNow.NG â€“ The Online Trading Portal beyond Equities Trading - TNI Q4/E7
5. Afrinvest Securities Launches Online Trading Portal -Afrinvestor
6. Paradigm Shift in Financial Services Emerges as New Trading Platforms Debut - Our Take
7. MorganCapital Launches i-Trade; a cost-effective online, real-time trading platform - TNI Q3/E1
8. Meritrade Platform is Innovative and World Class - The Nigerian Investor Q1/E3
9. Market Braces Up for Improved Liquidity in African Financial Markets - April '16 SSS Report
10. Market Maintains Positive stance in March 2016; MERIFX Diversifies Market - March â€™16 SSS Report
1. Where to Trade; Who to Trade With â€“ Part II
2. Meritrade Platform is Innovative and World Class - The Nigerian Investor Q1/E3
3. The Key Economic Benefit of LeadTrader is Transparency
4. MorganCapital Launches i-Trade; a cost-effective online, real-time trading platform - TNI Q3/E1
5. Afrinvest Securities Launches Online Trading Portal - AFRINVESTOR - TNI Q4/E4
6. InvestNow.NG â€“ The Online Trading Portal beyond Equities Trading - TNI Q4/E7