Monday, June 12, 2017/ 11:30 AM /NBS
Crime Statistics on reported offences reflected that a total of 125,790 cases were reported in 2016. Offence against property has the highest number of cases reported with 65,397 of such cases reported. Offence against persons recorded 45,554 cases reported while offence against lawful authority and local acts recorded the least with 12,144 and 2,695 cases recorded respectively.
Lagos State has the highest percentage share of total cases reported with 36.08% and 45,385 cases recorded. FCT Abuja and Delta State followed closely with 10.48% and 13,181 and 6.25% and 7,867 cases recorded respectively. Katsina State has the lowest percentage share of total cases reported with 0.10% and 120 cases recorded. Abia and Zamfara States followed closely with 0.29% and 364 and 0.38% and 483 cases recorded respectively.
It is pertinent to state that offence against persons are those offences against human beings e.g. murder, manslaughter, infanticide, concealment of birth, rape and other physical abuse while offence against properties are those offences against human belonging, properties of any kind e.g. stealing, receiving stolen properties, obtaining property by false pretence, robbery, burglary and house breaking.
Offences against lawful authority is any offence commitment against any establishment of the law e.g. failure to pay your tax (FIRS) amounts to an offence against lawful authority and Offences against local acts are those offences committed against laws that we cannot enforce outside Nigeria.
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. Labour Productivity Rose to N684.43 in 2016 - NBS
2. Merchandise Trade Grew By 0.1% - Positive Trade Balance Due to Rising Exports & Falling Imports
3. Unemployment Rate Rises to 14.2% in Q4’16 from 13.9% in Q3’16 - NBS
4. Lagos Airport Accounted for 76.5% of International Passengers in Q1 2017 - NBS
5. FAAC Disburses N496.39bn in April 2017 - NBS
6. Banking Sector Records 304.31 mln Volume of Transaction in Q1 2017 - NBS
7. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q1 2017 Estimated at $908.27m - NBS
8. GDP Contracts by -0.52% in Q1’17 from -1.73% in Q4’16; 5th Consecutive Quarter of Contraction
9. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch – April 2017
10. Average Intercity Transport Fare Increases to N1,587.04 in Apr’17 from N1,466.46 in Mar’17
11. Average Prices of 1kg of Yam Tubber Increased by 42.45% YoY in April 2017
12. CPI Drops to 17.24% in April 2017, 0.02% Lower Than 17.26% March Rate
13. Lagos, Rivers Top IGR for Full Year 2016
14. Telecoms Subscribers Dropped by 1.33% in Q1 2017 - NBS
15. Nigeria Imports 4.05bn Litres of PMS in Q1 2017 - NBS
16. Lagos State has the highest domestic and foreign debt profile in 2016 - NBS
17. 2,556 Road Traffic Crashes Recorded in Q1 2017 - NBS
18. FAAC Disburses N466.93bn in March 2017
19. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 5,846 MW in Q1 2017 - NBS
20. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch - March 2017
21. Average Intercity Transport Fare Increases to N1,466.46 in Mar’17 from N1,411.87 in Feb’17
22. Average Prices of 1kg of Yam Tubber Increased by 63.4% YoY in March 2017
23. CPI Drops to 17.26% in March 2017, 0.52% Lower Than 17.78% February Rate
24. 7.49m Nigerians Are Registered Under the National Pension Scheme As At Q1 2017 - NBS
25. Lagos Airport Accounted for 69.1% of International Passengers in 2016 - NBS