Wednesday, July 05, 2017 6:35 PM /CBN
The Central Bank of Nigeria has noted the incessant complaints from Deposit Money Banks over the delay in getting naira value for unutilized portion of FX repatriated to CBN.
In order to ameliorate the current challenges in returning Naira to DMBs for unutilized FX and to improve on the current settlement processes, DMBs are hereby required to batch all unutilized FX returned to CBN per session/auction with effect from 26th of June, 2017.
In other words, where FX was purchased from CBN for a particular session, all unutilized portion of the session should be batched and forwarded to the CBN for settlement, on a weekly basis.
In the same vein, all inflows from the proceed of International Money Transfer Operators (IMTO) should be batched and forwarded to CBN for settlement on a weekly basis.
1. Again, CBN Pumps $195m into FOREX Market
2. CBN Lifts FOREX Market With $195m
3. Forex: CBN Boosts Supply with $240m to Retail SMIS
4. Currency Futures Trading Volume wanes as Rates Converge
5. CBN Injects $195m into FOREX Market; Announces Retail Option
6. Forex Market Analysis: CADJPY has Reached the 84.18-83.86 Resistance Area
7. Naira lifted Again As CBN Injects $418m; Investors and Exports Segment Hits $2.2BN
8. CBN Boosts FOREX Market With $413.5m
9. Further Liberalization of the Inter-Bank Foreign Exchange (FX) Market
10. CBN Injects $190m into FX Market; Wholesale Segment Gets $100m as SMEs Receive $50m Boost
11. Ahead of New Week, CBN Set To Meet Needs of Forex Market
12. CBN Lifts Naira With $482.6m; Retail SMIS Receives $286m as Wholesale Segment Gets $100m
13. New Code of Conduct to Clean up Foreign Exchange Market's Dirty Reputation is Released
14. Naira In Upswing...As CBN Targets Convergence
15. Forex Market Analysis: EUR And USD Bullish Sentiment Persist
16. CBN Lists 36 Items Valid For FX in the Nigerian Foreign Exchange Markets
17. U.S. Political Issues Trigger Further Dollar Decline
18. FOREX: CBN approves $100m for sale at SMIS
19. Market Structural Change Will Sustain Naira Strength