Monday, July 25, 2016 8:55am/ CBN
In the continued effort to ensure the stability of the exchange rate and to encourage participation of all critical stakeholders in the foreign exchange market, Authorized Dealers who are agents to approved International Money Transfers Operators are hereby directed to sell foreign currency accruing from inward money remittances to licensed Bureaux De Change Operators (BDCs) with effect from the date of this circular.
It should be noted that all International Money Transfer Operators are required to remit foreign currency to the agent banks for disbursement in Naira in the beneficiaries while the foreign currency proceeds shall be sold to the BDCs.
The foreign currency proceeds of International Money Transfer sold to BDC Operators shall be retailed to end users in compliance with the provisions of Anti-Money Laundering Laws and observance of appropriate KYC principles, including the use of BVNs.
Furthermore, Authorized Dealers and BDC Operators are required to render returns on their operations daily and monthly to the Director, Trade & Exchange, CBN via e-FASS application in accordance with extant regulation.
For the avoidance of doubt, failure by any Authorized Dealer and/or Bureaux De Change operators to render returns as and when due shall attract appropriate sanction, including withdrawal of dealership license.
Please ensure strict compliance.
1. Onboarding Corporates on FMDQ-Advised FX Trading & Surveillance Systems
2. Externalisation of Differentials on OTC FX Futures Contracts for Foreign Portfolio Investors
3. Nigeria Banks Absorb Effective Devaluation
4. The Nigerian OTC FX Futures Market…A Panacea for the FX Needs of Corporates in Nigeria
5. The Floating Exchange Rate and You - FDC
6. The Nigerian Spot FX Two-Way Quote Market Goes Live Post Revised CBN Guidelines Release
7. Nigeria's new FX policy - Implication & Impact @Friday
8. BREAKING: Window for FXPMD has been Thrown Open to every Deposit Money Bank
9. New FX Policy: The CBN Segregates Banks… Who’s in, Who’s out?
10. Wisdom Nuggets – Rescuing and Defending the Naira
11. Impact of a Unified Exchange Rate and Assessment of Playing Field
12. Flexible Exchange Rate: The Bitter Pill
13. Guidelines for Primary Dealership in Foreign Exchange Products
14. How the CBN Naira-Settled OTC FX Futures Market Will Work
15. Exchange-rate flexibility beyond expectation
16. The new fully Floated FX Market – In a Nutshell
17. Implications for Markets as the CBN finally floats the Naira
18. The Nigerian Managed Float Exchange Rate System
19. Revised Guidelines for the Operation of the Nigerian Inter-Bank Foreign Exchange Market