Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:34 PM / CBN
In continuation of its determination to sustain liquidity in the foreign exchange market, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) wishes to inform market participants and the general public that it will commence twice weekly forex sales to Bureaux de Change (BDCs) from Monday, April 3, 2017.
Licensed BDC operators are therefore required to fund their accounts with the CBN on Mondays and Wednesdays, while they receive their purchases on Tuesdays and Thursdays respectively.
The sale amount to BDCs is hereby increased to $10,000 weekly ($5,000 per bid) and a new rate will be announced on Monday, April 3, 2017.
Ag. Director, Corporate Communications
1. 6th Detail Business Series: Stakeholders examine Nigeria’s Forex Market
2. FX Utilisation in January 2017-Symptoms of An Opaque Structure
3. Swiss Franc May be Threatened by the Dollar
4. Forex: CBN Slashes BDC Rate to N360...$100m Offer Fully Subscribed
5. CBN Crashes FOREX Rate for Invisibles to N360 to $1; Pumps $185m into FOREX Market
6. CBN to Sell FOREX to Banks at N357 to $1
7. Dealers Pick $81.3m Out Of $100m Offered By CBN
8. CBN Offered Another $100m Despite Drop In Oil Prices
9. Dollar drops below N400 to US$1 for first time in seven months
10. CBN Lifts Supply with $180m…Invisibles Get $80m