Thursday, March 12, 2020 / 11.00AM / Ottoabasi Abasiekong for WebTV / Header Image Credit: @NigeriaGov
A number of organizations recently received recognition for their contribution towards the ease of doing business in Nigeria as the Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC) enumerated actions to improve Nigeria's business rating in the comity of nations. Proshare Nigeria Limited, a leading financial information hub, the Convention on Business Integrity (CBi), an integrity-focused business intervention group, the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and the National Food Drugs Administration Council (NAFDAC) were amongst those that received recognition at the PEBEC 3.0 Award ceremony in Abuja, FCT.
The event which held at the banquet hall of the Presidential Villa, Aso Rock was an opportunity to honour public institutions and private sector players that supported PEBEC in its Ease of Doing Business Reforms during the period of 2019.
Giving the opening remarks at the event the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Trade and Investments, and Secretary of the PEBEC Council, Dr. Jumoke Oduwole, described the event, in its third edition, as an avenue to recognize the immense contributions of public sector institutions, private sector players and Sub-Nationals that support and drive the reforms for an improved business environment in Nigeria.
According to her since the inception of PEBEC in 2016, there has been a conscious effort to deepen active government and multi-stakeholder engagement that is geared towards trade promotion.
"Through the PEBEC Reforms we have given top priority to removing bureaucratic and regulatory obstacles hindering Nigeria from achieving the Ease of Doing Business Reforms" Dr. Oduwole said.
She informed guests , awardees and stakeholders that since 2016 Nigeria has witnessed a remarkable improvement in the global ranking in the Doing Business Index, from a 146 position to a recent position of 131 out of 170 countries.
Dr. Oduwole restated the target and commitment of PEBEC of achieving the top 100 countries for Doing Business Index by 2020.
She said PEBEC has remained unrelenting in its efforts of providing the regulatory framework, that can unlock business opportunities in the country.
Between 2016 and 2019 the PEBEC Secretary noted that Nigeria has been recognized twice by the World Bank as one of the Top 10 reformers in the Ease of Doing Business.
The Special Guest of Honour and Vice President of Nigeria, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, GCON, commended the awardees for the 2020 edition of the PEBEC Awards, describing them as partners in progress in leading towards a transformed nation.
Vice President Osinbajo used the occasion to restate the commitment of the Federal Government to driving the reforms required to make Nigeria a leading investment and business destination in the globe.
He stated that the National Action Plan 3.0 is already in place in the country to strengthen the policy processes, remove the bureaucratic bottlenecks and bring efficiency to governance.
Proshare Nigeria received the special recognition award as the most supportive media in the digital space, while CNBC and Spark Magazine received the same award for the Television and Print segments respectively.
The Convention on Business Integrity, CBi, received the award for the most engaged civil society partner, while the Federal Inland Revenue Service received the award for the MDA with the highest level of transparency in the implementation of the Executive Order 01.
The most improved MDA award in terms of efficiency and service delivery went to NAFDAC.
Related News - CBi
3. On This 13th Year of Proshare's Founding - A Message from The Founder - Dec 20, 2019
10. Proshare's 2018 Review and 2019 Outlook Page Now Live - Jan 21, 2019
11. United Capital, Proshare Partner On Tweet Meet To Explain InvestNow Platform - Oct 18, 2018
12. The Newly Redesigned Proshare Market: 8 Things to Note - Aug 15, 2018
14. The Newly Redesigned Proshare Market: 8 Things to Note - Aug 14, 2018
16. Russia 2018: Proshare to Provide EcoFootball Analysis - Jun 15, 2018
17. Awoyemi, Proshare receive Awards at the 2nd National Fintech Conference 2018 - Jan 29, 2018
18. Proshare's 2017 Review and 2018 Outlook Page now Live - Dec 22, 2017
19. Proshare Board holds Meeting in Lagos to Restructure Operations - Dec 21, 2017
20. Proshare Nigeria Launches IOS Version of Mobile App - Mar 20, 2017
21. Proshare Nigeria Launches Mobile App - Feb 3, 2017
22. Proshare migrates its WebTv website to Proshare WebTV on the new hub - Nov 25, 2016
24. Proshare Improves On Market Coverage - Adds NASD Page and APO News Feed - Oct 12, 2016
26. Proshare 11.0 - Migrating Economy & Politics Website to Proshare ... Sept 20, 2016
28. NASD Plc Signs MoU with Proshare Nigeria Limited Aug 02, 2016
30. Proshare 10.0 and the Future of Investing & Finance in Nigeria -Feb 25, 2016
31. ProshareNG beefs up its Customer Service delivery, introduces 0700-PROSHARE - Feb 16, 2015
32. Proshare 7.0 - Now Analysts and Investors are at Par - Jan 30, 2015
34. Proshare Launches Paid Service - #TheAnalyst 'Investment WebStation' - Jun 10, 2014