Monday, December 06, 2021 / 3:50 PM / By NGX / Header Image Credit: Ecobank
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated released its Q3 2021 Audited results for
the period ended September 30th, 2021.
earnings grew by 12% to N686.77bn from N614.46bn in the previous quarter.
before tax grew by 316.5% to N143.68bn.
- Profit after
tax grew by 916.1% to N104.51bn.
- Net Assets
grew by 8.70% from N811.75bn to N876.33bn.
- Share Price
Currently Stands at N8.00k
Visit Ecobank Transnational Incorporated Plc IR Page in Proshare MARKETS
Ecobank Group reports audited results with profit
before tax of $352 million for the nine months ended Sept., on net revenue of
$1.3 billion. ROTE of 17.9% and TBVPS of 5.52 US cents
Ayeyemi, Ecobank Group CEO, said: "We reported strong results, reflecting
the continued diligence of Ecobankers in putting our customers first and
ensuring that we meet their respective needs. For the nine months period up to
September 2021, we earned $352 million in pre-tax profit, a 41% increase
compared to the prior year and revenues of $1.3 billion, a 4% growth. Hence
return on tangible equity increased to 17.9%, and we grew the per-share value
of our shareholders' equity by 11% to 5.52 US dollar cents.
results also demonstrate the hard work invested in driving efficiency in all
our businesses in line with our deliberate focus on driving down our
cost-to-serve, sustain improvement in the quality of our credit portfolio, and
strengthen liquidity and capital buffers. As a result, our cost-to-income ratio
has been declining consistently quarter on quarter, currently 58.3%. In
addition, the stock of nonperforming loans as a percentage of loans outstanding
is now at 6.9% compared to 9.9% a year ago. At the same time, we are proactively
building loan reserves, currently at 91.2% of nonperforming loans, close to our
near-term target of 100%. We have boosted the firm's liquidity profile, thanks
to growing customer deposits fueled by an acceleration in digital channel
adoption, partnerships with Fintechs, Telcos, and businesses in the Payments
Ecosystem," Ayeyemi added.
the quarter, Arise B.V., a major institutional shareholder of ETI made a $75
million Additional Tier 1 (AT1) investment in the firm. Adding onto the $350
million Tier 2 Sustainability Note ETI successfully issued to investors in
June. The AT1 further improves our Tier 1 capital and double leverage ratio and
demonstrates stakeholder confidence in our strategy and business
prospects," Ayeyemi continued.
continue to invest in new digital and mobile capabilities to enhance customer
experience, alongside the investments we are making in our people, processes,
and controls, to ensure the continued resilience of our business and service
delivery to our clients. I am deeply grateful to all our customers and the
Ecobank team for the remarkable job." Ayeyemi concluded
- Return on assets and tangible equity have improved and were 1.3%
and 17.9%, compared with 1.0% and 14.1% for 9M20, respectively (all
percentages annualised and normalised).
- Net revenue increased $52m, or 4%, to $1.3bn, driven by funded
income, cash management, trade finance, mobile and online payments, and
- Strong revenue growth in the Payments business, up 34% to $140m
(11% of total Group revenue).
- Profit before tax and goodwill of $352m, $102m higher than the
previous year, as higher revenue and lower expenses combined to create
positive operating leverage and an improvement in the cost-of-risk.
- Profit available to ETI shareholders of $182m, grew by $215m over
the prior period.
- Cost-to-income ratio (CIR) of 58.3% has been on a downward
trajectory on a quarterly basis, benefiting tremendously from our
â€˜manufacture centrally, distribute locallyâ€™ strategy, sustained cost
discipline and revenue growth.
- Customer deposits increased $1.5bn, or 9% year-on-year (YoY), to
$18.9bn driven by deepening client relationships, partnerships, and
increasing consumption of our digital platforms.
- Customer loans increased by $334m or 4% YoY, to $8.9bn.
- The NPL ratio reduced further to 6.9% from 7.6% in 4Q20 and 9.9% in
- Coverage of NPLs increased further to 91.2% from 74.5% in 4Q20 and
70.1% in 3Q20 towards our goal of a 100% coverage in the near term.
- Book value per share up 8% YoY to 6.04 cents, and tangible book
value per share (TBVPS) up 11% to 5.52 cents.
- Continue to see strong client adoption of our digital platforms
(Omni plus, Omni Lite, EcobankPay, Ecobank App, Xpress Points etc) across
all our business lines. Digital transaction values increased 52% YoY to
$42bn in 9M 2021.
- Arise B.V. (major shareholder of ETI) made a $75m Additional Tier 1
(AT1) investment in ETI. The investment improves ETIâ€™s Tier 1 CAR and
- Ecobank recently secured â‚¬100m long-term credit facility over 9
years from the European Investment Bank (EIB) to support African
businesses, mostly those affected by COVID-19.
- ETI signed a 3-year loan agreement with a syndicate of Proparco,
DEG and Norfund for $60m in October 2021.
- Ecobank Group names Mobolaji Lawal as Regional Executive and
Managing Director Designate
- Ecobank Nigeria Wins "Consumer Finance Product Of The
- AfDB Group Board Approves a $35m Facility for Ecobank International
- Ecobank Nigeria to Sustain SMEs Support, Grow Agency Banking Network
- Ecobank Group Secures 100m Euros Credit Facility from European
Investment Bank to Fund SMEs
- Ecobank Nigeria Warns Flour Mills Against Honeywell Deal
- Unique Ecobank Mobile App Enhances Easy Banking 24/7; Available In
33 African Countries
- Ecobank Gets Lagos Govt's Applause On Partnership To Uplift
Artisanal Fisheries Value Chain
- Ecobank Announces First Set of Weekly Beneficiaries in Super Rewards
- Ecobank Wins Big at Nigeria's Banks And Other Financial Institutions'