Thursday, December 29, 2016 9.50 AM / TheAnalyst
As microeconomic fundamentals continue to display bleak outlook with strong indication of further slides, taking investment decisions become tough in such an economy, particularly in the equities market. This is because stock market tends to shed weight considerably in an economy facing challenges.
In this regards, there is a strong need to scratch beyond the surface and probe further into business fundamentals, earnings performance and possibility of future earnings of quoted firms, just to aid your investing decisions. The personal due diligence work is expected to focus on highlighting overvalued and undervalued stocks for an edge against the overwhelming odds in the market.
Seven (7) stocks record PE Ratio within the acceptable market PE Ratio. These stocks are CHAMS (from the ICT Sector), REDSTAREX (Services), FIDSON (Healthcare), DANGCEM (Industrial Goods), CAP (Industrial Goods), ACADEMY (Services) and MAYBAKER (Healthcare).
Thirty (30) stocks record PE ratio above acceptable market PE ratio. NESTLE, CHAMPION and NB which are from the consumer goods sector top the list of such stocks with over 1,000 PE ratio.
Seventy-seven (77) stocks record PE ratio below market acceptable PE ratio. Stocks from the financial services sector dominate the list and closely followed by Consumer Goods, Oil & Gas, Services, Healthcare and Industrial Goods sectors.
Fifty-eight (58) stocks have no PE Ratio.
2. Consumer Goods Sector – NESTLE, CHAMPION and NB Record Over 1,000 PE Ratio
3. Healthcare Sector Records No Gainer as EKOCORP Tops on EPS and PE Ratio
4. Real Estate Sector -UAC-PROP Drops by -62.56%; Records 164.84 PE Ratio
5. Financial Services Sector – NESF Records 47.42 EPS Ratio as Banking Stocks Dominate Gainers List.
6. Conglomerates Sector – TRANSCORP Records Negative EPS as AGLEVENT Records +35.48% Gain.
7. Nigeria’s Economic Indicators in 2016
8. 45 Resignations Announced by Quoted Companies in 2016
9. 104 Appointments Made by Quoted Companies in 2016
10. Agriculture Sector – PRESCO Tops on EPS as LIVESTOCK Tops on PE Ratio
11. Foreign Portfolio Participation in Equity Trading Drops in 2016
12. Stocks You Shouldn’t Touch – 62 Stocks Record No Price Movement in 2016
13. Stocks from the Final Services Sector Dominate the List of Penny Stocks in 2016
14. Santa Claus Rally: Stocks on Radar as December effects drive prices
15. NSE ASI Performance Review and How Key Sectors Fared in 2016
16. Egypt, Zimbabwe Stock Markets Lead African Markets in 2016 as Lusaka Exchange Top Losers
17. Argentina, Brazil Lead Performing Global Markets in 2016 as Madrid Exchange Leads Otherwise
18. Top Five Gainers and Losers on NSE in 2016
19. Movers and Shakers in 2016 -GUARANTY, SEPLAT Record Growth in Market CAP as FO, WAPCO Lead Otherwise
20. Global Market: Argentina, RTS Exchanges Top Performing Stock Markets in 2015
21. African Stocks record sterling returns among top global exchanges
22. Argentina records +98.38% 2013 YTD gains to lead Global Exchanges; NSE ASI makes top
23. 10 Best Performing Stock Markets in Q3 2013
24. Kenya, Nigeria lead Top 10 Performing African Exchanges
25. Global Market: Argentina, Italy Top Best Performing Stock Markets in the World