Friday, October 2, 2020 / 11:55 AM
/ Kainosedge Consulting for AFEX Commodities Exchange / Header Image Credit: AFEX Commodities Exchange
The AFEX Commodities Index composite retained its performance as that of the previous week, closing at 271.02 points since there was no change in the sub-indices; Maize, soybeans and paddy rice
On the Exchange, maize, soybean and paddy rice experienced no change closing at N179.67/KG, N148.83/KG and N215.00/KG respectively.
Sorghum and ginger maintained their price levels in the week under review, while cocoa increased by 1.78%.
In the Open Market, sorghum, soybeans, and ginger experienced an increase, while paddy rice and maize decreased against the previous week's performance. Cocoa on the other hand, Increased in the week under review by 1.78% as against the previous week performance.
The total volume of trades executed on the Exchange in the week under review totaled 272,690KG with cocoa accounting for all the volume traded.
1. Fear of Lower Output Looms as Excessive Rainfall Stalls Cocoa Harvest
2. Global Trade in Food and Agricultural Products More Than Doubles in Last Two Decades
3. CBN's Policy Response on Maize Resulted by Lean Season - AFEX Commodities Monthly Report
4. ACI Experienced a Marginal Performance - AFEX Commodities Weekly Report 170920
5. 40% Of Nigeria's Annual Cocoa Output Under Threat From Excessive Rainfall In The South West
6. An Impending Food Crisis?
7. ACI Maintains Its Price Levels - AFEX Commodities Weekly Report 100920
8. Maize Ban: Food Security, But At What Cost?
9. ACI Maintained Its Performance - AFEX Commodities Weekly Report 030920
10. Rice Prices To Spike In Coming Months As Floods Wash Away 25% Of Nigeria's Rice Harvest