13, 2021 / 11:13 AM / by NGX / Header Image Credit: NGX
Nigerian Exchange Group Plc ('NGX Group' or 'The Group') has received approval from Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX or The Exchange) to list its shares on the main board of NGX on Friday, 15 October 2021. NGX Group will undergo a Listing by Introduction with 1,964,115,918 shares admitted to trading under the ticker, NGXGROUP.
In light of the foregoing, the register of members of the Company shall remain closed until Thursday, 14 October 2021 to complete the update of the register of members. It will be opened on Friday, 15 October 2021 when trading is scheduled to commence.
Speaking on this development, the Group Chairman, NGX Group, Otunba Abimbola Ogunbanjo, stated, thus, "We are delighted to move ahead with the Listing by Introduction of NGX Group on the Main Board of NGX at this pivotal moment in the evolution of NGX Group. I must commend the professional advisers to this transaction for the dedication and strict adherence to global best practices that has brought us to this milestone event. The Listing will bring significant benefits to The Group's stakeholders and should enable The Group to enhance its strategic flexibility by creating new financing opportunities and partnership possibilities while diversifying its shareholder base.
The Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, NGX Group, Oscar N. Onyema, OON, noted that, "We are particularly excited about the planned listing because The Exchange's platform will position us to provide liquidity to The Group's members. In turn, NGX Group will have access to the widest range of new investors within the Nigerian investing public as well as international institutions thereby reinforcing The Group's presence in international capital markets and delivering value to its long-term shareholders. In our new status as a listed company, we will maintain our key strategic focus geared at leveraging organic and inorganic growth opportunities for expansion of our business across relevant categories".
The Stockbrokers to the listing of NGX Group are Chapel Hill Denham Securities Limited and RMB Nigeria Stockbrokers Limited. The Financial Advisers to NGX Group are Chapel Hill Denham Advisory Limited and Rand Merchant Bank Nigeria Limited; Aluko and Oyebode acted as Legal Adviser.
Interested investors can purchase shares in The Group through Trading License Holders on NGX.
6. NGX Group Launches New Brand Identity and Website - Apr 13, 2021
9. SEC Approves Appointment of CEOs of Demutualised Entities of The NSE - Apr 01, 2021
10. Demutualization of NSE: Innovative Products Key to Deepening Capital Market - Mar 23, 2021
12. NSE Completes Demutualisation, SEC and CAC Approve - Mar 10, 2021
13. Demutualisation: NSE Announces Chief Executives for Emerging Entities - Jan 06, 2021
14. NSE Demutualisation Receives Boost as Court Sanctions Scheme of Arrangement - May 18, 2020
15. NSE Members Assent to Demutualisation Resolutions at COM and EGM - May 03, 2020
16. NSE Set to Hold Strategic Meetings As Demutualization Nears Completion - Feb 12, 2020
18. NSE Demutualisation Crosses Major Hurdle As Buhari Signs Bill - Sep 27, 2018
20. Members Approved NSE Demutualisation Process - Mar 30, 2017
21. NSE Announces Financial Advisers for Demutualisationâ€‹ - Oct 13, 2015
22. Brokers call on SEC board to publish guidelines for demutualisation - Mar 05, 2013
23. Demutualisation of NSE may begin in Q2 - Mar 01, 2012
24. SEC Inaugurates NSE's Demutualisation Committee - Sep 23, 2011
25. ASHON writes SEC on Council Members, Demutualisation - Apr 13, 2011
26. NSE restructures ahead of demutualisation plans - Mar 11, 2011
27. Why a return to demutualisation would be a great relief - May 20, 2010
29. NSE Demutualisation to be Concluded in 2012 - Sep 28, 2010
30. NSE DG leaves office November 2010, suspends demutualisation - Nov, 2010
31. Shareholder leader query NSEs proposed demutualisation - Jan 19, 2009