January 11, 2018 /08:57AM /Proshare Research
Nigerian Stock Market performance in 2017 was very impressive. The market capitalization as at 29th December 2017 stands at N13.62trn compared to the N9.25trn ,as at the last day of trading in 2016. This signifies a growth of 47.29% YoY.
A further look at the capitalization of all the sectors as at the last day of trading in 2017 revealed that the financial services Sector is most capitalized Sector with its market capitalization standing at N4.31trn and contributed 31.62% to Total Market Capitalization, Industrial Goods Sector followed closely with market capitalization of N4.24trn and a contribution of 31.16% to the total market capitalization.
The Consumer Goods Sector stands third with market capitalization of N3.86trn while contributing 28.36% to the total market capitalization. Standing fourth and fifth is the Oil and Gas and Agriculture Sectors with market capitalization of N669.98bn and N137. 17bn respectively.
Also, sectors like Services, Natural Resources, ICT, Healthcare, Construction/Real Estate and Conglomerates all contributed less than one percent to the total market capitalization as at the period under review.
2017 Year End Review
2. Global ETFs in 2017
3. Stocks Trading at Their Nominal Value as at 29122017
4. DANGSUGAR, INTBREW Top Gainers as MORISON, JAIZBANK Top Losers in 2017
5. New Listings and Delistings in 2017
6. Trading Statistics in 2017 – TRANSCORP, UBA Top Market Volume
7. Argentina, Nigeria Lead as Best Performing Stock Markets in the World in 2017
8. Stock You Should Not Touch – 63 Stocks Record No Price Movement in 2017
9. Stocks Off and Near 52-Week Highs and Lows as at 221217
10. Top 10 Policy Reforms in 2017
11. Zimbabwe, Malawi Stock Markets Lead African Markets in 2017 as Ivorian BRVM-10 Top Losers
12. Nigeria's Top Ten News Makers in 2017
13. Nigeria’s Economic Indicators in 2017
14. Market Movements in 2017 - Forex Reserves Up by 44.54%
15. Foreign Portfolio Participation in Equity Trading in 2017
16. Oil and Gas Sector – SEPLAT, ETERNA Top Gainers as FO Records -47.19% YTD Return
17. Consumer Goods Sector – GUINNESS Records Over 3,000 PE Ratio
18. Financial Services Sector – GUARANTY Records 40.52% PAT Margin as NESF Tops on EPS
19. NSE ASI Performance Review and How Key Sectors Fared in 2017
20. 47 Financial Services Sector Stocks Are Penny Stocks in 2017
21. Movers and Shakers in 2017 - DANGCEM, GUARANTY Record Growth in MKT CAP as FO, MOBIL Lead Otherwise