Tuesday, November 19, 2019 / 05:00PM /
Pearl Awards Nigeria
The stage is now set for the glamorous occasion where corporate titans are celebrated - 2019 PEARL Awards Nite. The coveted Awards for the Nigerian Capital Market comes up on Sunday November 24, 2019 at the prestigious Eko Hotel & Suites Lagos, with this year's theme tagged 'Celebrating Sustainable Leadership and Resilience.'
According to the organizers, the annual PEARL Awards Nite is a national corporate showpiece event where quoted companies and key stakeholders in the capital and financial markets of the Nigerian economy are rewarded for their outstanding contributions to economic development.
The PEARL Awards, instituted in 1995 is endorsed by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the apex Capital Market regulatory authority. Commenting on the event which is in its 24th edition, the President of PEARL Awards Nigeria, Tayo Orekoya remarked that this yearâ€™s Awards Nite promises to be novel yet glamorous. "The event is being remodeled from an operational stand point to be more appealing and engaging on a night of excellence and glamour".
Confirmed to grace this occasion are Mr. Olufemi Lijadu, Chairman, Board of Securities & Exchange Commission; Ms. Mary Uduk, Ag. Director-General, Securities & Exchange Commission; Bashorun J.K. Randle, Past President, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria; Mr Kayode Falowo, President, Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce, among a host of other captains of commerce and industry.
Awards to be presented for deserving companies fall within the class of Sectoral Leadership, Market Excellence, Special Recognition, Special Honorary and then the Overall Highest Award (The PEARL). In all these categories mentioned, three nominees have been shortlisted and publicly announced on 22nd October 2019, with the winners to be announced at the event come November 24 at Eko Hotel & Suites, Lagos.
The PEARL Awards remains the only Awards event in Sub Saharan Africa that identifies and rewards quoted companies based on empirical data. Which is predominately based on data sourced from audited financial reports companies, utilizing credible parameters and tools of data evaluation that meet international standards.
Related to Pearl AWARDS
4. Seplat Petroleum Emerges 2018 Pearl of the Capital Market - Nov 26, 2018
5. 2018 Pearl Awards To Hold On 25th November, 2018 - Oct 21, 2018
6. PEARL Awards Inaugurates New Board of Governors, Plans to Expand into Africa - Sept 05, 2018
9. Gowon graces 2017 PEARL Awards, United Capital emerges overall winner - Nov 27, 2017
10. Suspense as Corporate Giants Battles For 2017 Pearl Awards - Nov 23, 2017
11. Pearl Awards Nigeria Steps Down 2016 Awards Nite - Nov 04, 2016
12. Tinubu, Gwarzo, Antwi, Osunkeye, Others for 20th PEARL Awards - Nov 27, 2015
13. PEARL Awards Holds 20th Anniversary Edition in Style - Nov 12, 2015
14. SEC Ag. DG Urges PEARL Awards to Evaluate Firms on Corporate Governance - Mar 19, 2015
15. Ghana SEC DG, Elumelu, Okoya-Thomas, others for 2014 PEARL Awards - Nov 13, 2014
16. FBN Holdings, others bag laurels at PEARL awards - Nov 25, 2013
17. Pearl Awards Release Names of 2012 Nominees - Nov 19, 2012