Wednesday, December 6, 2017 / 4:00 PM / NSE
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE or the Exchange), the sustainable exchange championing Africa’s growth, is now the highest ranked stock exchange website in Africa. The latest Alexa rankings place NSE website (www.nse.com.ng) among the top 100,000 most popular websites in the world, ahead of 26 other African exchanges’ websites.
Alexa, an Amazon Company, is regarded as one of the most authoritative benchmarks of web traffic in the world. It tracks and reports the detailed website analytics of an unfixed number of domains amongst millions of Internet users. According to Alexa, NSE’s global traffic ranking stood at 78,552 as at December 6, 2017, which represents a 50% increase from its 156,610 position as at December 31, 2016. Closely following NSE in the ranking are Egyptian Exchange, JSE, BRVM and Nairobi Securities Exchange with ranking of 130,301, 155,653, 242,657 and 260,293 respectively.
“We are delighted to see this increase in traffic to our website as it means that we are making the Nigerian capital market easily accessible to investors who are increasingly residing online”, said Olumide Orojimi, Head, Corporate Communications, NSE. “At the NSE, we are committed to bridging the information gap between the Exchange and market participants, knowing the high correlation between market information (stock market prices, market data, corporate actions and news) and decision making. We are glad our website is also helping us to achieve this”.
It will be recalled that the NSE recently upgraded its website to be mobile friendly, with robust content and a cleaner layout and navigation. Explaining the new features and rationale for the new website, Orojimi, stated that “the revamp was fuelled by feedback from users that wanted certain high demand pages easier to navigate and some key changes implemented. For example, using analytics from visits and usage of our website, we added filter functionality to the Corporate Disclosure page to enable users browse through results filed by listed companies easily. Our online visitors can now experience a more vibrant and seamless view of our offerings”.
2. Ambode, Gwarzo, Sanni, Awoyemi to grace the 2017 IAPM Forum
3. Quantitative Financial Analytics Rolls out Market Volatility Measure for the Nigerian Stock Market
4. Lagos the Outperformer of SSA Stock Markets
5. Invest 2017 Edition Recommended Stocks Records Robust Returns YTD
6. Suspense as Corporate Giants Battles For 2017 Pearl Awards
7. Nigerian Tier 2 Banks - Playing a Catch-up Game
8. Strategies For Equity Investment In A Pre-election Year Economy
9. Training On Legal " Risk Aspects of Derivatives and CCP Transactions
10. Outcome of MSCI Semi-Annual Review: FBNH, GUINNESS, PZ and FO out of the Frontier Market Index
11. NSE hosts Capital Market Security Information Forum in Lagos
12. The MSCI Nigeria Indexes to Remain in the MSCI Frontier Markets Indexes
13. MSCI Decision: Lace Up For another Bull Run?
14. #AFRIPRUDforum2017: Stakeholders explore role of registrars, in an evolving market
15. Domestic and Foreign Portfolio Participation in Equity Trading – August 2017
16. Stakeholders Stressed the Importance of Market Data at the 2nd Edition of NSE Market Data Workshop
17. 3rd Capital Market Committee Meeting to Hold November 9, 2017
18. #NSEMDW2017 explores Market Data as bedrock for wealth creation in Nigeria
19. NSE Suspends Trading In the Shares of Four Listed Companies
20. NSE CEO Welcome Address at 2017 Market Data Workshop