Thursday, July 08, 2021 / 09:08
AM / by NGX / Header Image Credit: NGX
Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) Plc continues to hold exciting prospects for investors in the near term. Ahead of its planned listing by introduction on Nigerian Exchange Limited, NGX Group held an analyst call on Wednesday, 7 July 2021, where the Management of the Group and its entities provided key insights into the setup of the new structure, current operations and plans.
The virtual event was hosted by the Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer (CEO), NGX Group Plc, Mr. Oscar N. Onyema, OON; the CEO, Nigerian Exchange (NGX) Limited, Mr. Temi Popoola, CFA; the CEO, NGX Regulation (NGX RegCo) Limited, Ms. Tinuade Awe; the Acting CEO, NGX Real Estate (NGX RelCo) Limited, Mr. Gabriel Igbeka; and the Group Chief Financial Officer, NGX Group Plc, Mr. Cyril Eigbobo. Serving as facilitators for the event were the Investor Relations Consultants, Vaerdi and the Financial Advisers, Rand Merchant Bank.
Delving into the day's discussions, Mr. Onyema took participants on the journey to demutualisation before clearly highlighting its benefits and how the Group is positioned to exploit the new world of possibilities that have opened up. What is interesting to note is that at the start of demutualisation, NGX Group had 432 shareholders, a number that has doubled since Over The Counter (OTC) trading commenced. According to Mr. Onyema, this shows strong prospects for the new types of investors NGX Group can attract once it lists by introduction on NGX.
In what was an engaging session, analysts further engaged the CEOs on issues around the activities of NGX by way of listings and the introduction of Exchange Traded Derivatives (ETDs) to the market. Of particular interest was also NGX RegCo and the stringent policies it has put in place to maintain independence in its regulation of NGX Group, NGX and the capital market as a whole; as well as the new business lines that NGX RelCo will open up for the Group.
4. SEC Approves Appointment of CEOs of Demutualised Entities of The NSE - Apr 01, 2021
7. NSE Completes Demutualisation, SEC and CAC Approve - Mar 10, 2021
8. Demutualisation: NSE Announces Chief Executives for Emerging Entities - Jan 06, 2021
10. NSE Members Assent to Demutualisation Resolutions at COM and EGM - May 03, 2020
11. NSE Set to Hold Strategic Meetings As Demutualization Nears Completion - Feb 12, 2020
13. NSE Demutualisation Crosses Major Hurdle As Buhari Signs Bill - Sep 27, 2018
15. Members Approved NSE Demutualisation Process - Mar 30, 2017
16. NSE Announces Financial Advisers for Demutualisationâ€‹ - Oct 13, 2015
17. Brokers call on SEC board to publish guidelines for demutualisation - Mar 05, 2013
18. Demutualisation of NSE may begin in Q2 - Mar 01, 2012
19. SEC Inaugurates NSE's Demutualisation Committee - Sep 23, 2011
20. ASHON writes SEC on Council Members, Demutualisation - Apr 13, 2011
21. NSE restructures ahead of demutualisation plans - Mar 11, 2011
22. Why a return to demutualisation would be a great relief - May 20, 2010
24. NSE Demutualisation to be Concluded in 2012 - Sep 28, 2010
25. NSE DG leaves office November 2010, suspends demutualisation - Nov, 2010
26. Shareholder leader query NSEs proposed demutualisation - Jan 19, 2009