Thursday, October 07, 2021 / 03:05 PM / by NGX / Header Image Credit: NGX
Nigerian Exchange Group Plc ('NGX Group' or 'The Group') today confirmed its intention to list on the Main Board of Nigerian Exchange Limited ('NGX'). The proposed listing follows the successful completion of the demutualisation and restructuring of the former Nigerian Stock Exchange and its related operations within the new NGX Group.
Shares of NGX Group are expected to commence trading on NGX following their Listing by Introduction. All regulatory requirements have been fulfilled and the Listing has received the approval of NGX Regulation Limited.
A total of 1,964,115,918 shares are expected to be admitted to trading and the shares will trade under the ticker NGXGROUP.
Oscar N. Onyema, OON, Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of NGX Group, said; "I am pleased to confirm that The Group intends to move ahead with its Listing by Introduction on the Main Board of NGX Exchange. Together with many other listed companies, NGX Group will take advantage of the strategic opportunities open to quoted companies in Nigeria. As a listed entity, The Group will have access to the widest range of new investors, including the growing pool of institutional investors. Demutualisation has created many new possibilities for The Group and our listing is just one more step in our evolution".
Otunba Abimbola Ogunbanjo, Group Chairman of NGX Group also stated: "The Group expects the Listing to bring significant benefits to its business and its stakeholders. NGX Group will enhance its strategic flexibility by creating new financing opportunities and partnership possibilities, while diversifying its shareholder base. This milestone will open up The Group's capital to new investors within the Nigerian investing public as well as international institutions thereby reinforcing NGX Group's presence in international capital markets, and for its current long-term shareholders, it will create the possibility to realise value".
The stockbrokers to the listing of NGX Group are Chapel Hill Denham Securities Limited and RMB Nigeria Stockbrokers Limited. The Financial Advisers to NGX Group are Chapel Hill Denham Advisory Limited and Rand Merchant Bank Nigeria Limited.
4. NGX Group Launches New Brand Identity and Website - Apr 13, 2021
7. SEC Approves Appointment of CEOs of Demutualised Entities of The NSE - Apr 01, 2021
10. NSE Completes Demutualisation, SEC and CAC Approve - Mar 10, 2021
11. Demutualisation: NSE Announces Chief Executives for Emerging Entities - Jan 06, 2021
12. NSE Demutualisation Receives Boost as Court Sanctions Scheme of Arrangement - May 18, 2020
13. NSE Members Assent to Demutualisation Resolutions at COM and EGM - May 03, 2020
14. NSE Set to Hold Strategic Meetings As Demutualization Nears Completion - Feb 12, 2020
16. NSE Demutualisation Crosses Major Hurdle As Buhari Signs Bill - Sep 27, 2018
18. Members Approved NSE Demutualisation Process - Mar 30, 2017
19. NSE Announces Financial Advisers for Demutualisationâ€‹ - Oct 13, 2015
20. Brokers call on SEC board to publish guidelines for demutualisation - Mar 05, 2013
21. Demutualisation of NSE may begin in Q2 - Mar 01, 2012
22. SEC Inaugurates NSE's Demutualisation Committee - Sep 23, 2011
23. ASHON writes SEC on Council Members, Demutualisation - Apr 13, 2011
24. NSE restructures ahead of demutualisation plans - Mar 11, 2011
25. Why a return to demutualisation would be a great relief - May 20, 2010
27. NSE Demutualisation to be Concluded in 2012 - Sep 28, 2010
28. NSE DG leaves office November 2010, suspends demutualisation - Nov, 2010
29. Shareholder leader query NSEs proposed demutualisation - Jan 19, 2009