Friday, December 30, 2016 6:34 PM /Proshare Markets
Trading activities in the Nigerian equities market closed the year 2016 with -6.17% loss as against -17.36% recorded in 2015.
Analysis on market turnover revealed that total volume traded dropped by -17.35% in 2016 as against -5.10% drop recorded in 2015. Also, total value traded dropped by -40.18% in 2016 as against -20.63% drop in 2015.
Market records 32 gainers and 79 losers in 2016 as against 32 gainers to 89 losers in 2015.
Financial services sector tops other sectors with 80.02% contribution to the total volume traded on the Exchange in 2016 as against 80.64% contribution recorded in 20156. Consumer Goods sector follows closes on the table.
Financial services traded 60.75 bln volumes in 2016 to lead the pack, Consumer Goods and Conglomerates sectors came second and third with 6.36bln and 3.59 bln volumes traded respectively while Natural resources sector traded the least volume with 56.15 mln volume traded.
Analysis on equity transaction by volume reveals that UBA tops by volume as the stock traded 6.49 bln volume of share in 2016; WEMABANK follows with 6.48 bln volumes while FBNH came third on the top list with 6.17 bln volumes.
1. 82 Quoted Companies Declared Dividends and Bonuses in 2016
2. 38 out of 47 Stocks Listed Between 2008 and 2016 Trade Below Their Listing Prices
3. 7 Stocks With PE Ratio Within Average Market Acceptable Ratio
4. Consumer Goods Sector – NESTLE, CHAMPION and NB Record Over 1,000 PE Ratio
5. Healthcare Sector Records No Gainer as EKOCORP Tops on EPS and PE Ratio
6. Real Estate Sector -UAC-PROP Drops by -62.56%; Records 164.84 PE Ratio
7. Financial Services Sector – NESF Records 47.42 EPS Ratio as Banking Stocks Dominate Gainers List.
8. Conglomerates Sector – TRANSCORP Records Negative EPS as AGLEVENT Records +35.48% Gain.
9. Nigeria’s Economic Indicators in 2016
10. 45 Resignations Announced by Quoted Companies in 2016
11. 104 Appointments Made by Quoted Companies in 2016
12. Agriculture Sector – PRESCO Tops on EPS as LIVESTOCK Tops on PE Ratio
13. Foreign Portfolio Participation in Equity Trading Drops in 2016
14. Stocks You Shouldn’t Touch – 62 Stocks Record No Price Movement in 2016
15. Stocks from the Final Services Sector Dominate the List of Penny Stocks in 2016
16. Santa Claus Rally: Stocks on Radar as December effects drive prices
17. NSE ASI Performance Review and How Key Sectors Fared in 2016
18. Egypt, Zimbabwe Stock Markets Lead African Markets in 2016 as Lusaka Exchange Top Losers
19. Argentina, Brazil Lead Performing Global Markets in 2016 as Madrid Exchange Leads Otherwise
20. Top Five Gainers and Losers on NSE in 2016
21. Movers and Shakers in 2016 -GUARANTY, SEPLAT Record Growth in Market CAP as FO, WAPCO Lead Otherwise
22. Global Market: Argentina, RTS Exchanges Top Performing Stock Markets in 2015
23. African Stocks record sterling returns among top global exchanges
24. Argentina records +98.38% 2013 YTD gains to lead Global Exchanges; NSE ASI makes top
25. 10 Best Performing Stock Markets in Q3 2013
26. Kenya, Nigeria lead Top 10 Performing African Exchanges