Friday, September 29, 2017 10:16AM / FDC
The price of cement dropped again 3.8% to N2500 per bag due to an increase in the aggregate commodity production capacity in Nigeria (30million tonnes).
In the global commodity markets, oil prices increased to a 2-year high at $59pb since the Oil Producers meeting in Vienna before dropping 2.24% to $57.8pb.
The attached slides sum up the events that took place in the domestic and global commodity markets this week.
1. Oil Prices Climbed Sharply to a 2-year High of $59pb
2. Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly by 463% to $37m in Q2’17
3. Volatile Oil Prices in August
4. Oil Prices Hovered Around $55pb Ahead of OPEC Meeting
5. Higher Price of Oil Has More Than Compensated for Any Cocoa Shortfalls
6. Oil Price Up to $54.16pb Due to Lower OPEC Production