Sunday, January 06, 2019 06.07PM /
By Asoko Insight / Image Credit: PM News
Domestic companies dominate Nigeria's seed sector, which is a foundation of the government's policy to increase self-sufficiency.
A new support programme has been announced to address the shortcomings of a previous subsidy scheme, the impact of which is still being felt in the sector.
Though production is down on recent peaks, output has grown in the past five years, and campaigns by producers and the government should further support farmers to use certified seed and reduce the presence of counterfeits.
Alongside Asoko's analysis of market dynamics, the Nigeria seed report looks in detail at Nigeria's seed producers, with a focus on:
· Insights based on in-country interviews with executives and regulators.
· Sector structure, including a value chain diagram with with key seed producers identified.
· Sector performance, including volumes of key seeds produced.
· A map illustrating the spread of market activity across Nigeria.
· Interactive graphs and links to company profiles in Asoko's database.
Supply Chain Snapshot - Nigeria Seeds
The report is exclusive to Asoko subscribers or for one-off purchase for US$500.
Contact Asoko here and they’ll provide access.