Friday, Oct 20, 2017 9:53AM/ FDC
On-grid power is now approximately 4000MW, the highest level in 4-months. In spite of this, the price of diesel is at a 5-month high at N200 per litre with major inflationary consequences.
The good news is that hydro power now contributes 26% of total grid generation compared to 15% in 2015.
Domestic commodity prices are beginning to respond to the increased harvest output. The factory gate price of flour is now down from N10,500 to N10,000. New yams are also at N650 per tuber.
The attached bulletin is a summary of commodity price movements this week.
2. Price of Cement is up 8% to N2,700 while Brent Slipped to $56.34pb
3. Domestic Price of Palm Oil Has Declined by 25% in 12 Months
4. FG to Bring Down the Price of a 50kg Bag of Rice to N9,000 Within a Month
5. Price of Cement Dropped by 3.8% to N2,500 per Bag
6. Oil Prices Climbed Sharply to a 2-year High of $59pb