Friday, February 7, 2020 12:47 PM / FDC/ Header Image Credit: FDC
OPEC's Technical Committee has deliberated on the best response of the impact of Coronavirus on global oil markets.
However, the Committee is trying to convince the Russians to support their recommendation of deeper production cuts.
The outcome of this meeting could send oil prices back above $60pb in the days ahead.
At a time of lower oil production and falling external reserves, Nigeria needs whatever boost it can find.
In the slides below, these issues were discussed by analysts at the FDC Think Tank on Channels TV Business Morning programme.
1. Global Commodity Markets Calm After a Very Choppy Day
2. Commodities Prices Maintain Steady Sail - AFEX Commodities Weekly Report 230120
3. Increase In Demand For Cocoa In Southeast Asia To Drive Prices Higher
4. Diversification From Oil Will Be Enhanced By Investment Flows
5. All Commodity Group Index Grew By 2.48% in Q3 2019
6. Jump In Diesel Price Likely To Have Direct Impact On Domestic Commodity Prices
7. New VAT Rate: Knock On Effect On Consumer Prices Likely To Drive Up Inflation
8. Global Economic Slowdown Pressured Commodity Performance in 2019
9. Ivory Coast and Ghana Join Forces to Form a Cocoa Cartel To Control Output and Price
10. All Major Commodity Price Indexes Fell In Q3 2019 Led By Energy
11. Uncertainty About Iran To Put Pressure On Grain Prices In Near Term
12. Uncertainty On US-China Trade Deal To Drive Grain Prices In The Near Terms
13. AFEX Commodities Exchange Secures Investment from Consonance Investment Managers
14. Lower Exports From India To Drive Sugar Prices Up
15. Domestic Price of Turkey Increased By 38% to N1,800 per kg
16. Ginger Outlook for 2019 and 2020 Season
17. AFEX Cocoa Outlook for 2019 and 2020 Season
18. Paddy Rice Markets in 2019: A Primer on AFEX's Outlook
19. Nigeria Consumes An Estimated 1m Tons Of Vegetable Oil Annually
20. Border Closure Takes Its Toll On The Price Of Rice
21. AFEX Prepares for New Season with Fresh Products and Outlook
22. Lower Than Expected US Harvest Could Push Up Grain Prices In The Near Term
23. Coffee Output In Nigeria Estimated At 1,900 Tonnes
24. 7 Important Facts and Benefits of Gold Investment
25. Okro Output In Nigeria Estimated At 1.98mn Tonnes