Friday, October 15, 2021 / 05:11 PM / By NGX / Header Image Credit: NGX
Nigerian Exchange Group Plc ('NGX Group' or 'The Group') is delighted to announce the successful listing of its shares on the Main Board of Nigerian Exchange Limited ('NGX' or 'The Exchange').
Having satisfied the Listing Requirements of The Exchange and obtained relevant regulatory approvals, NGX Group is now listed in the Financial Services and Capital Market Infrastructure sector of the Exchange, with the ticker "NGXGROUP". A total of 1,964,115,918 shares were admitted to trading, representing the issued share capital of the Group as of today.
Commenting on the listing, the Group Chairman, Nigerian Exchange Group Plc, Otunba Abimbola Ogunbanjo said, "Today's Listing of NGX Group on NGX is another milestone attained pursuant to the Group's 2018 - 2021 corporate strategy. Our shareholder base has more than doubled since our demutualisation in March 2021 and our valued shareholders will benefit from the enhanced liquidity that listing on The Exchange will facilitate. This listing will also enable a much wider universe of potential investors and market participants to share in our growth journey. As a Board, we embrace the letter and spirit of the listing requirements and we are committed to transparent disclosure, proactive stakeholder engagement and exemplary corporate governance".
The Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, NGX Group, Mr. Oscar N. Onyema, OON, stated, "Today's listing of NGX Group on the nation's premier Exchange, NGX, will enable institutional investors globally as well as the Nigerian public to invest in Nigerian Exchange Group Plc. With strengthening market dynamics, serving the largest economy in Africa, NGX Group's listing allows us to expand in key capital market infrastructure verticals and look beyond Nigeria's borders, as we deliver on our growth plans to become Africa's leading capital market infrastructure group".
The Chief Executive Officer, NGX, Mr. Temi Popoola, CFA, commented on the milestone listing stating, "We are excited to welcome NGX Group to the main board of The Exchange and we congratulate the Board and Management first on a successful demutualisation and on its subsequent listing. This move is particularly exciting, as it will position NGX Group to provide liquidity to members while stimulating the capital market ecosystem to grow at the same pace as the economy. Today, we reiterate our commitment to being a trusted partner to NGX Group and other listed companies as we continue to build a platform that allows our listed companies, investors and other stakeholders to maximise value in our market".
NGX Group has issued a listing by introduction Information Memorandum in relation to the listing. A copy of the Listing Memorandum is available on the website of the Group.
8. NGX Group Launches New Brand Identity and Website - Apr 13, 2021
11. SEC Approves Appointment of CEOs of Demutualised Entities of The NSE - Apr 01, 2021
12. Demutualization of NSE: Innovative Products Key to Deepening Capital Market - Mar 23, 2021
14. NSE Completes Demutualisation, SEC and CAC Approve - Mar 10, 2021
15. Demutualisation: NSE Announces Chief Executives for Emerging Entities - Jan 06, 2021
16. NSE Demutualisation Receives Boost as Court Sanctions Scheme of Arrangement - May 18, 2020
17. NSE Members Assent to Demutualisation Resolutions at COM and EGM - May 03, 2020
18. NSE Set to Hold Strategic Meetings As Demutualization Nears Completion - Feb 12, 2020
20. NSE Demutualisation Crosses Major Hurdle As Buhari Signs Bill - Sep 27, 2018
22. Members Approved NSE Demutualisation Process - Mar 30, 2017
23. NSE Announces Financial Advisers for Demutualisationâ€‹ - Oct 13, 2015
24. Brokers call on SEC board to publish guidelines for demutualisation - Mar 05, 2013
25. Demutualisation of NSE may begin in Q2 - Mar 01, 2012
26. SEC Inaugurates NSEâ€™s Demutualisation Committee - Sep 23, 2011
27. ASHON writes SEC on Council Members, Demutualisation - Apr 13, 2011
28. NSE restructures ahead of demutualisation plans - Mar 11, 2011
29. Why a return to demutualisation would be a great relief - May 20, 2010
31. NSE Demutualisation to be Concluded in 2012 - Sep 28, 2010
32. NSE DG leaves office November 2010, suspends demutualisation - Nov, 2010
33. Shareholder leader query NSEs proposed demutualisation - Jan 19, 2009