Monday, May 04, 2020, 2020 / 05:07 PM / WebTV / Header Image Credit: Ecographics
WebTV's Market Review segment dedicated to #Coronanomics will be featuring a robust conversation on 'Post COVID-19: How the Capital Market Can Support the Nigerian Economy'.
Guest: Chief Onyenwechukwu Patrick Ezeagu
Date: Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Platform: Livestream on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Topic: Post COVID-19: How the Capital Market Can Support the Nigerian Economy
Highlights: Available later in the day with link to full video.
Host: Ottoabasi Abasiekong, Editor, WebTV
Co-Host: Boason Omofaye, Guest Analyst and CEO Frontier Africa Reports
Key Questions for Discussion
- Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Nigerian Capital Market
- How COVID-19 Shaped operations of Securities dealing members
- Update on Demutualization Plans of NSE and Preparedness of Dealing Members
- Exploring Capital Market Initiatives that can Support Nigeriaâ€™s economic sustainability
- New Direction for Capital Market Operations Post COVID-19
CHIEF ONYENWECHUKWU PATRICK EZEAGU - M.Sc., MBA, B.Sc., FCS, FDM
Chief Ezeagu graduated from Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK, University of Lagos, Nigeria and University of Nigeria, Nsukka where he obtained M.Sc. Governance & Finance, MBA Finance and B.Sc. Management degrees respectively. He is a Fellow of Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers and a Fellow of Institute of Direct Marketing of Nigeria. His career spanned Consultancy, Banking, Finance and Capital Market.
Chief Ezeagu is a member of the Technical Committee of the West African Capital Markets Integration Council (WACMIC). He was a Member of Finance Committee, Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers and served as a member Investment Management Sub-Committee of the Capital Market Committee of the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), Nigeria. He also served and still serving in various Committees of both SEC and Nigerian Stock Exchange to promote the ideals of the Nigerian Capital Market.
He is currently the Chairman of Association of Securities Dealing Houses of Nigeria (ASHON), the Managing Director/CEO of Solid-Rock Securities & Investment Plc and seats on the Board of the Central Securities Clearing System Plc (CSCS) and the Lagos Commodities and Futures Exchange (LCFE).
Chief Ezeagu is wildly traveled and married.
You can follow him on LinkedIn, Facebook. He can be contacted via email at email@example.com
DISCLOSURE: This content reflects the views of the author(s) drawing on prior research and experience in their areas of expertise. It is not a reflection of our institutional position; and is not a recommendation to buy or sell securities or the products mentioned therein. Proshare Content and their owners, managers, employees, and assigns (collectively the "Company") are bound to comply with in-house governance rules requiring this necessary disclosure to ensure that readers, subscribers and consumers understand what the content is. All T&C applies.
Most Recent Economy & Politics / #Coronanomics Videos
1. Ahead of Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on COVID-19; The Discourse on Health and Economy
2. Ahead of Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on COVID-19; Assessing Fiscal and Monetary Policy Responses
3. Ahead of Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on COVID-19; Implications for the Fintech Ecosystem
4. Ahead of Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on COVID-19; Focus On the Nigerian Fixed Income Market
5. Ahead of Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on COVID-19; Reinventing Nigeria's Economy
6. Ahead of Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on COVID-19; Institutions, Governance and the Economy
7. Ahead of Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on COVID-19; Tax Measures to reposition Nigeria's Economy
8. Ahead of Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on COVID-19 and Consumer confidence in Nigeria
9. Ahead of Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on Repositioning Nigeria's Economy Beyond COVID-19
10. Ahead of Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on COVID 19; Focus On Healthcare Infrastructure In Nigeria
11. Ahead of Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussion on COVID-19; Implications for The Nigerian Insurance Industry
12. Post COVID-19: Remote Work To Become New Normal As Novel Technologies Redefine Job Markets - Ashiru
13. COVID-19: Marketing And Advertising Companies Will Rise Amidst The Global Pandemic - Lolu Akinwunmi
14. Reset Nigeria - A New Paradigm For Africa's Most Populous Country
15. COVID -19 and The Implications for the Nigerian Business Environment
16. COVID-19: Impact on Supply Chain and Disruptions on Operating Model
17. Ahead Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on Job Security During and Post COVID-19
18. Ahead Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on COVID-19: Tax and other fiscal stimulus measures in Nigeria
19. Ahead Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on COVID 19 And The Nigerian Financial Market
20. Ahead Tomorrow on WebTV: Discussions on: COVID-19: The Pathway For The Nigerian Economy
21. COVID-19 - Giving Alms and Tightening Security Will Bring Relief To Citizens - John Wesey
22. Why There Is A Need for VUCA-lized Leadership To Address The COVID-19 Pandemic
23. Nigeria Needs to Generate Liquidity To Ensure Growth and Stability - Dr. Ayo Teriba