Friday, February 02,
2018 9:54 AM / OPAN Press Release
The Online Publishers Association of Nigeria (OPAN), Nigeria’s premier association of digital/new
media publishers and entrepreneurs has announced speakers, panelists and
moderators for its maiden Annual New Media Conference holding on February 6,
2018 at The Wheatbaker hotel in Ikoyi-Lagos.
A statement on Friday by OPAN President, Prince Austyn Ogannah announced
founder of Channels Television, Mr. John Momoh and Director-General of NIMASA,
Dr. Dakuku Peterside as well as other eminent personalities as participants at
the conference with the theme “New Media As Future of the Fourth Estate.”
The one-day conference is an interactive platform where New Media practitioners
– publishers, bloggers, PR consultants and social media influencers are
scheduled to come together under one roof for the
first time, to meet and greet and engage in discussions that will provide a
blueprint on how to restore eroding credibility and trust to the new media, and
also explore means through which OPAN can significantly boost quality of
media contents in line with best practices in the industry globally.
Ogannah said OPAN is serious about tackling the
myriad of complaints from the public about the reputational damages and loses
that fake news and unsubstantiated reports have caused people, families, corporations
and the state.
“OPAN is taking on this challenge with a determination to clean up the mess
in the new media. This conference is the first amongst a series of strategies
that we will deploy to achieve this goal,” Ogannah said.
Some of the other leading participants include Dapo Olorunyomi, Publisher of
Premium Times, Adesuwa Onyenokwe, Publisher/Editor-In-Chief TW Magazine, Bolaji
Abdullahi – National Publicity Secretary, APC, Mallam Garba Shehu - Senior
Special Assistant to the President (Media and Publicity), Kola Olagbondiya –
National Publicity Secretary, PDP, Richard Mofe-Damijo – Actor/former
Commissioner for Culture & Tourism, Delta State, Rt. Hon. Victor Ochei,
Speaker Emeritus, Delta State House of Assembly, Chude Jideonwo - Founder of
Joy, Inc, Ismaeel Ahmed, Senior Special Assistant to the President (Social
Investments) and Hakeem Adeniji-Adele - Chief Technology Officer at Microsoft
Below are the panelists, speakers, moderators and topics for discussion.
Session 1. Restoring eroding credibility
of the New Media (Curbing fake news)
1. John Momoh – Founder, Channels TV
2. Dapo Olorunyomi – Publisher, Premium Times
3. Adesuwa Onyenokwe, Publisher/Editor-In-Chief TW Magazine.
4. Bolaji Abdullahi – National Publicity Secretary, APC
5. Kola Olagbondiya – National Publicity Secretary, PDP
Sulaiman Aledeh – Former Channels TV anchor and founder of Aledeh.com
Session 2. New Media as an engine of
economic growth, tool for driving government policies and civic engagement
1. Chude Jideonwo - Founder of Joy, Inc.
2. Mallam Garba Shehu - Senior Special Assistant to the President (Media and
3. Richard Mofe-Damijo – Actor/former Commissioner for Culture & Tourism,
4. Ismaeel Ahmed, Senior Special Assistant to the President (Social
5. Rt. Hon. Victor Ochei, Speaker Emeritus, Delta State House of Assembly.
Veronica Odeka, Entrepreneur & Founder, Vane Style.
Session 3. The future of the New
Media/Online Media/Social Media
1. Olabode Olatoye - Managing Partner, Business Development at WebCoupers
2. Hakeem Adeniji-Adele - Chief Technology Officer at Microsoft Nigeria.
3. Charles Otudor – Founder, ADSTRAT
4. Jehu Omoruku – CEO, Gold Touch Technologies Ltd.
Titi Oyinsan - TVC
How to monetize your platform and earn income
1. Ono Bello – New Media Entrepreneur, Founder, OnoBello.com
2. Makinde Azeez – Founder, Naijaloaded.com
3. Sindy Foster – Internet, Brand Reputation Manager/ CEO Nylon Marketing.
4. Bukky Karibe-Whyte, Founder, The Bobby Taylor Company.
Yomi Owope – TVC
Curbing Fake News In The Digital Media.
Dakuku Peterside -
Director-General, Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA.
New Media as an engine of economic growth, tool for driving government
policies and civic engagement.
Mustapha Chike-Obi – Former Managing Director, Asset Management Company
of Nigeria, AMCON & Executive Vice-Chairman, Alpha African Advisory.
Internet, Brand Reputation Manager/CEO Nylon Marketing.
Sindy Foster – Creative Ways To Generate Revenue For New Media
Using Innovative Technologies To Power New Media
Jehu Omoruku – CEO, Gold Touch Technologies Ltd.
- Federal High Court Grants
Bail to Tim Elombah
- Open Petition to
President Buhari On Clampdown Of Online Journalist(s)
- OPAN Condemns Arrest of
Online Journalists, Tim and Daniel Elombah by the Nigeria Police Force
- Acting SEC DG’s Speech at
2017 CAMCAN Forum
- 2017 IAPM Forum explores
strengthening investor protection in a volatile market
- OPAN To Hold 1st Annual
New Media Conference in February 2018
- Stakeholders explore
value of GIPS adoption for Nigeria’s financial market
- Moghalu, Former Deputy
Governor of CBN harps on the need for broad-based growth in Nigeria
- Associations Request SEC
Modernize Electronic Recordkeeping Requirements
- First Nigeria Investment
Performance Stakeholders Conference
- Communique of the 17th
Edition Of the NECCIPR Roundtable Held On 26th October 2017
- 17th NECCI PR Roundtable
explores “New Frontiers of Investor Relations” for Nigeria