Thursday, February 9 2017/ 6.21 PM /NBS
Nigeria’s fish production data has reflected that 5,788,474 tonnes of fish had been produced between 2010 and 2015. Year 2014 recorded the highest tonnes of fish produced with 1,123,011 tonnes; the second highest tonnes of fish produced were recorded in 2015 while the least were recorded in 2010.
Torpedo-shaped catfishes topped other species to record the highest tonnes produced among the species. The highest tonnes of torpedo-shaped catfishes produced were recorded in 2014.
Similarly, data on fish production by sector revealed that 5,094,958 metric tons of fish had been produced between 2011 and 2015. Year 2014 recorded the highest metric tons of fish produced with 1,123,011 metric tons; the second highest metric tons of fish produced by sector were recorded in 2013 while the least were recorded in 2011.
Click Here to Download Nigeria’s Fish Production 2010-2015 (PDF) Report
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. 4,296 Applications Were Received by NAFDAC for New Products Registration in 2016 - NBS
2. 19,833 Vessels Berthed At Nigerian Ports Between 2013 and 2016 - NBS
3. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2016 Estimated at $1,548.88mln - NBS
4. Telecoms Sector Contributes N1,399bn to GDP in Q3 2016 - NBS
5. FAAC Disburses N426.88bn in December 2016 - NBS
6. Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
7. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
8. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
9. Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
10. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
11. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016
1. Towards a Viable Fisheries Industry
2. Boosting domestic fish production in Nigeria
3. Fisheries segment in transition