Thursday, February 25,
2021 / 06:22 PM / by Ecobank Nigeria / Header Image
Credit: London Stock Exchange
Ecobank Nigeria on Thursday opened the market at London Stock Exchange via a virtual ceremony to mark the listing of its five-year fixed rate senior unsecured US$300 million bond.
Ecobank Nigeria, a subsidiary of Ecobank Transnational Incorporated, the parent company of the Ecobank Group, provides the full suite of banking products, services and solutions through multiple channels to retail, commercial, corporate and public sector customers.
The bond carries a coupon rate of 7.125%, significantly below its Initial Price Thoughts of 7.75%. The successful launch was three times oversubscribed and is the lowest coupon/yield by a Nigerian financial institution for a benchmark bond transaction since 2013. It has an Issuer Rating of B- from Fitch Rating Agency and S & P. Citi, Mashreq, Renaissance Capital and Standard Chartered Bank acted as Joint Lead Managers and Bookrunners.
The proceeds will provide medium term funding and help to enhance the capacity of the Bank to support international trade and service across Africa.
Patrick Akinwuntan, Managing Director, Ecobank Nigeria: "The strong demand for our bond shows the international appetite for the Ecobank franchise in Nigeria, its unique positioning for facilitating pan-Africa trade and the attractive opportunity for the many investors seeking to back world-class Nigerian corporates."
5. Ecobank Nigeria Introduces Money Transfer Via SMS, WhatsApp - Feb 09, 2021
12. KPMG Names Ecobank Nigeria Among 2020 Customer Experience Leaders - Dec 30, 2020
13. Banks are Pivotal to Success of AfCFTA - Ecobank MD - Dec 17, 2020
15. Ecobank MD, Others List Opportunities in Digital Financial Inclusion - Dec 10, 2020
16. Ecobank is "Agric Lender of the Year 2020" - BAFI Awards - Dec 01, 2020