Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:35 AM /Fitch Ratiings
Fitch Ratings has assigned Nigeria's upcoming USD- denominated senior unsecured bonds an expected rating of 'B+(EXP)'.
The assignment of the final rating is contingent on the receipt of final documents materially conforming to information already reviewed.
Key Rating Drivers
The expected rating is in line with Nigeria's Long-Term Foreign-Currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR) of 'B+'. The Outlook on the IDR is Negative.
The rating is sensitive to changes in Nigeria's Long-Term Foreign-Currency IDR.
On 24 January 2017, Fitch affirmed Nigeria's Long-Term Foreign-Currency IDR at 'B+' and revised the Outlook to Negative. The Long-Term Local-Currency IDR was also affirmed at 'B+' with a Negative Outlook.
Copies of the final prospectus relating to the Bonds, when available, may be obtained by contacting:
1. Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Attn: Prospectus Department, NC1-004-03-43, 200 2 North College Street, 3rd floor, Charlotte, NC 28255-0001; and for requests outside the United States, through
2. The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited; 3rd Floor, East Wing,30 Baker Street, Rosebank, Johannesburg 2196 South Africa;
3. ICBC Standard Bank Plc (the distribution agent of The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited in the United Kingdom) 20 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7JE, United Kingdom;
4. FBN Merchant Bank Limited, 10 Keffi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria; or
5. United Capital Plc, 12th Floor, UBA House 57 Marina, Lagos, Nigeria
1. Federal Republic of Nigeria to Issue Diaspora Bond
2. Diaspora Bonds - A Financing Option for Nigeria
3. Expected Surge in Domestic Debt Stock
4. June 2017 FGN Savings Bond Opens June 5th
5. Stanbic IBTC renews its NGN100 billion Multicurrency Commercial Paper Programme with FMDQ
6. Anticipated Rise in Rates - PMA Expected Stop Rates and Secondary Market Indicative Rates
7. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Investment in Government T-Bills
8. Scope for the DMO to pick and choose
9. Stanbic IBTC Launches ₦20.00bn Commercial Paper Programme on FMDQ
10. Summary of Auction Results for May 2017
11. Sustainable Banking as a Driver for Growth: A Survey of Nigerian Banks
12. Fitch Assigns 'B(EXP)' Rating to UBA's Senior Notes
13. Nigeria-Based United Bank for Africa PLC Proposed Senior Unsecured Notes Assigned 'B' Rating
14. Nigeria-Based United Bank For Africa PLC Assigned 'B and B' Ratings; Outlook Stable
15. S&P assigns ‘B and B’ ratings and stable outlook on UBA Plc
16. Moody’s Thoughts on Macro Economy and Nigerian Banks
17. Nigerian Banks Post Good Results But Risks Persist - Fitch