Monday, March 19, 2018 /6:10 PM / NSE, AFDB
Local Currency Bond Markets Development
African Bond Markets Landscape
Outstanding amount (bonds and bills) as end of2016: USD 368 bn
Amount issued in 2016 on African domestic debt markets : USD 222 bn
The African Financial Markets Initiative
Comprehensive database to provide updated, reliable and complete information on African domestic bond markets, www.africanbondmarkets.org
· Improving the availability and transparency of African fixed income markets-related data
· Reconciling and standardizing data produced by several institutions, using different concepts and methods.
· Enhancing the quality of financial statistics on the continent
ADBF as A Game Changer
Enhanced Index Fund: Fund that tracks a particular Index(ABABI), but with some modifications in order to diversify and to attract additional countries. It is a mix of active and passive strategies.
ADBF is a flagship project of the Bank to support local currency bond markets development:
· A portfolio diversification opportunity
· A tool contributing to regional integration
· A innovative product that is cost-effective and transparent