Sunday, April 18,
2021 / 05.20AM / Ottoabasi Abasiekong for WebTV / Header Image Credit: @WebTVng
Team Proshare, won the first (1st) place in the 2021 edition of the Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament (Corporate segment) hosted at the prestigious Ikoyi Club 1938 on Friday, April 16, 2021.
The tournament which had about 20 corporate teams inclusive of the Greenwich, DCSL, Custodian, Akin Olawore, Banwo & Ighodalo, May & Baker, I-World Services, Dormai Signs Limited, Strasscorp and Southern Sun teams was an avenue to strengthen the corporate relationship between the organisations who are also members of the chamber.
Team Proshare which had Olukoya Mayowa, Kate Iketubosin, Bisoye Fagade and Edith Alufohai as its players emerged the winner with 138 points, while the first runner up was Team I-WORLD Services with 133 points, and Team Dormai Signs Limited as the second runner up with 125 points.
Giving his remarks at a well-attended closing ceremony, the President of the NBCC, Mr. Kayode Falowo said the event was organised to deepen relations between Nigeria and British businesses in a relaxed environment.
The British Deputy High Commissioner, Ben Llewellyn-Jones, OBE in his goodwill message lauded the NBCC for hosting the tournament and agreed that it will help build a strong bond between both countries.
Mr. Tom Roberts who represented the Ikoyi Golf Club Captain, Chief (Dr) M.I Okoro thanked the NBCC for re-opening the channels of engagement and said he was looking forward to further collaborations with the chamber.
The MD/CEO, Greenwich Merchant Bank, Mr. Bayo Rotimi speaking on behalf of the sponsors of the tournament, believed its revival will strengthen partnerships that will translate to the growth of the chamber.
Speaking about the tournament and the Proshare win, the Managing Director, Proshare, Mrs. Grace Adejare-Ajuwon, said the firm is pleased to have been one of the sponsors of the tournament, and is glad to be associated with the game of golf, an international sport.
She further expressed gratitude to the Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce, the Ikoyi Club 1938 and the Golfers for the excellent job done to make the event a success, adding that the involvement of the firm underscored its values in strengthening relationships, supporting talent development and socio-economic activities in the nation.
Olukoya Mayowa of Team Proshare was excited at the performance and described the win as a teamwork effort, adding that it is his first 1st place win in a golf tournament since his father introduced him to the game of golf.
The 2021 Nigerian-British Golf tournament had in attendance two former Presidents of the NBCC namely Architect T.C Awagu and Prince Adeyemi Adefulu, MFR.
Related News on NBCC
Related News on Proshare
1. My Internship Experience at Proshare - First Class Graduate of Law April 03, 2021
2. Proshare's New Year Message - Change, Technology, and The New Corporate Calling January 01, 2021
7. PEBEC 3.0 Awards: Proshare, CBI, FIRS, NAFDAC Others Receive Recognition March 12, 2020
10. On This 13th Year of Proshare's Founding - A Message from The Founder December 20, 2019
11. Proshare's Olufemi Awoyemi Receives 2019 Institute of Service Excellence Award September 14, 2019
13. CBi Partners Proshare On The Business Action Against Corruption (BAAC) Nigeria Project September 14, 2019
14. NESG Visits Proshare, Solicits Strategic Media Collaboration Ahead of NES25 August 20, 2019
16. Proshare and AFEX Form Strategic Partnership to Boost the Nigerian Commodities Market February 01, 2019
17. Proshare's 2018 Review and 2019 Outlook Page Now Live January 21, 2019